Dues for 2015–16 are payable starting July 1 and should be mailed to the NEW address listed on the form
DUES: Effective July 1, 2016, CGCI dues will in-crease to $2.75 per capita. This is the result of NGC’s dues increase from 50c to $1.00 per member. The $2.75 paid to CGCI includes the dues to NGC.
INSURANCE: Effective February 15, 2016, the liability insurance premiums for the 2016-17 insurance year will be $1.50 per capita (minimum $20). Additional Insured Certificates remain $30 each. All other fees remain un-changed.
WHAT WE LEARNED AT THE LEADERSHIP WORKSHOP
Wow! The state sponsored workshop held in Fallbrook was really impressive. Jane McKee, CGCI Communications Director and George Speer, Palomar District Director gave a well organized and greatly informative 4 hour event which answered many of our questions we didn’t even know we had. Orange District was one of three districts represented at the event.
- Meeting minutes record actions, what was done, not what was said. They also state that a quorum was present.
- The committee of three who read minutes, are reviewing not approving. The membership is given the opportunity to read the reviewed minutes and then vote on their approval. This can be handled with the statements. “Are there any corrections to the minutes? Without Objection, the minutes stand approved as read (or as corrected).”
- The person who has seconded a motion is not recorded in the minutes. The second shows there is interest in putting the motion to discussion. If there is no second, the motion is not recorded as having been put forth.
- To qualify as a 501 © 3, profits must go to programs or charities which reflect your mission statement. It doesn’t matter how much money you have in the bank at the end of the year.
- Raffles and opportunity drawings come under gaming statutes. Read the rules and comply or don’t do them. 50/50 (or anything more than 90/10) drawings are never legal. A bottle of wine may appear in a silent auction basket; it may not appear in a raffle or drawing.
- Any donated item, other than a gift card, is subject to sales tax. Put a donation jar at your plant table if you want to avoid sales tax on these items. You may suggest a donation amount.
A similar meeting will be held in Long Beach in the near future. Do try to attend. I will be posting additional pearls of information from this workshop on this website. A similar meeting will be held in Long Beach on September 2. Do try to attend. contact email@example.com
Director Orange District firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
PENNY PINES HONORS IN ORANGE DISTRICT
Laguna Beach GC
Honor: Synthia Scofield ………… $272
Honor: Sue Goldberger ………… $272
Honor: Tom Hensel ……………… $204
Honor: Connie Tibbetts ………… 68
Anaheim GC ……………………….. $136
BLUE RIBBON CLUB 2014-15 ORANGE DISTRICT WINNERS
Click this Link to Blue Ribbon Information page
Laguna Beach Naples Island Del Norte
Niguel Shores Lake Forest San Clemente
Huntington View Newport Hills Mission Viejo